Saturday, January 20, 2007

Attack of the Killer Bridge

Gabe del Rossi, showing signs of fatigue. Could it be the ride or Marc's endless rants that are having this effect?

Today I did a nice 4 hour ride with Gabe del Rossi through the Avant Pays de Savoie. It didn't start off too well, though, as I ate some serious wood on a slippery bridge halfway out the bike path on the north side of town. It's a path I've taken many times before, only this time it was slicker than I have ever known. Now, I am not one who lays it down much, but this time I was sure happy to be travelling at a slow enough speed to be okay. But man, I ate it pretty well, and good ol' Gabe was there to take the piss out of me when it was clear that both I and my bike were okay. After that, it was pretty smooth sailing. Check out the pics for a firsthand view!!!! The reason I am not in any of them is because I am the one always taking the pictures.